An external trigger allows to launch an alert according to the sending of an Email to a particular address Email provided by AlarmTILT. AlarmTILT interpret this Email and launch a sending of message or procedure which will send a message to destinations. For exemple, via this Email, you will send SMS to a contact.
- Example 1: if you use a monitoring connectivity program as Nagios®, What's Up, via an Email launched with this program, you can launch a procedure or send a message in your AlarmTILT account
- Example 2: You can from your messaging software, Outlook, Thunderbird,..., launch a procedure or send a message in your AlarmTILT account.
As showed by these two examples, according to the sending of an Email by all persons or system are able to send messages or launch procedures (if these persons have the required authorisations), without connecting to the AlarmTILT interface. These sendings will be taken on the history.
It exists several types of launching with different formatting of Email :
- How to send a message to AlarmTILT contacts ?
Destinations must provided by the directory, under the form NAME FIRSTNAME
- How to send a message to pre-selected AlarmTILT contacts ?
"Quicklaunch". Destinations are pre-selected in AlarmTILT.
- How to send a message to contacts off directory ? (for example. an SMS to +352621123456)
Destinations aren't provided by the directory. The sending is possible to SMS, Voice calls, or Email.
- How to trigger a procedure ?
The content of message will respect a format, and will be framed by tags [Begin] and [End] and will vary according to fields used in the procedure.